Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, September 3, 2012

Sunday Adventures

Let me just preface this post by saying that even though it was Sunday spending time with Mark and just having fun exploring new things in SLC was probably one of the greatest days I think we have had since we have been married.

The day started off with a fairly good three hour block of church. Even though it was fast and testimony meeting it was still pretty good. Of course, for me anyway, it could have been because we ended up sitting behind this family with 3 adorable but funny/entertaining kids.

This post I am afraid is going to start sounding like a play by play of the day...I don't mean it to be! We will see what I can do to keep it somewhat interesting. Did you ever have one of those days that you  just feel like you need to get away from where you are? Well I felt Mark and I needed to get away and so when I proposed the idea he agreed. 

Oh yeah! If you didn't see it on Facebook, Mark and I have found THE BEST PIZZA on the planet. OK that might be a stretch but oh my gosh it was YUMMY. I don't know what they do with their crusts but oh it is to die for! 

Welcome to the best pizza "dive" in SLC! The Pie Pizzaria!

Yes, it is underground BELOW a pharmacy on the campus on University of Utah. I guess you can quickly get some asprin to help in the event of a heart attack because yeah, the food is just that good and meaty!

The wall mural and the entrance to the place. You have to go down the stairs and around the light post and walk next to the stairs to get in. All the graffiti that you see bordering the mural? Yeah it continues into the restaurant. 
http://entertainment.sltrib.com/restaurants/view/pie_pizzeria_the_salt_lake_city
The above pic is the inside but must have been during the day because it was not this light when we were in there.
 The inside was lit by those little candles that you see in restaurants, you know the little red ones? The ambiance is way casual, family friends but the atmosphere is slightly loud which is OK because you will be to busy stuffing your face with food. 

Sorry for the horrible pictures. You can see the glow from the candle so you can tell how dark it is. I would have used the flash but when I did it lit up the whole place and I really didn't want that much attention. The top pic is their garlic cheese pull apart. Basically it is a pizza crust stuffed with cheese. and then sliced up in strips. MUST HAVE!
The bottom pic was obviously our pizza, the Pie Combo. We should have ordered a small pizza cause Mark and I were full enough of the cheese bread that we were only able to really eat a slice, but it was YUMMY. I can't say that enough. This place has won a lot of awards for having the best pizza in the area.


So after dinner we decided that we would hang out around the Gateway Mall and the Clark Planetarium.
http://www.weddingmapper.com/plan/vendor/attractions_entertainment/gateway_mall/44196

http://www.digistardomes.org/worldlist/indexp2.html
While we were there we caught the movie of The Dark Knight Rises on IMAX. Mark had seen the movie before and I had yet to see it but it was the first time that we had both watched it on an IMAX screen. It was loud, in your face, body shaking experience but it was AWESOME!

Then we headed home since it was going on midnight. We took State Street all the way home. This has to be and really always has been my favorite view in Utah. Driving up or away from the Capitol building at night. 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wyojones/5564606719/

All and all it was a great night and both Mark and I told each other that we will have to definitely do this again. It really was nice to spend the time together, getting out of the apartment and away from everything!

4 comments:

Eric said...

LOL You spelled Capitol wrong..... Just giving you a bad time. I spell crap wrong all the time. Sounds like you guys had a great day! I am a bit jealous to say the least.

-Audrey- said...

Thanks for the heads up...I think I have them changed now. =]

-Audrey- said...

It was fun...Oh I forgot to mention how we got locked up in the planetarium! Yup no joke. The IMAX theater is located in the Planetarium which connects to the movie theater by a pair of one way double doors. So sine we were at the planetarium side and they were closing the security guard just let us move by the theater itself and locked the screen gate. It was a bit odd since we couldn't get out either way until someone opened up the double doors from the megaplex side. Kinda creepy!

Jess Edling said...

Ahhhh, you have discovered The Pie. Welcome to our world! Its greasy, cheesy, fattening, and utterly fantastic. I love roaming The Gateway Mall. Glad you guys had such a great day! :)

Post a Comment