Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Adventures in Shopping....


  From the title of this post I am sure you can guess what I am going to talk about. Yup, Mark and I went shopping together for the first time as husband and wife. Actually, the first time we have ever went shopping for more than just a few items. 

So before I start, let me ask first this question...is it the "norm" for women to take more time in shopping and comparing items than men? Cause it seems like that is the case, not sure about you, but at least that is the case in my experience. When asked their opinion the answer that seems to be returned is "I don't care...it's food." Sigh...please tell me I am not alone in this?!?

Despite the differences in shopping style and technique (is there really a style or technique in grocery shopping? If so, why isn't it considered a sport...dang it, I want a gold medal!!!) we actually did accomplish a lot in that short trip at Super Target. **Note: If it wasn't for the multitude of Target gift cards that we got (and we really appreciated them) we would not have shopped there. Wow, the price on some things was ridiculous. Needless to say I won't do the bulk of my shopping there...LOL.

I do have to say that I am getting better at navigating the city in small quadrants. Mark is still making me drive most anywhere we have gone which I guess is a good thing that way I know somewhat where I am going. Although, against my beliefs I finally had Mark install a navigation system on my phone. I hate those things but I guess it is a necessary evil until I get to know the place. Still not feeling the whole grid thing...any tips or tricks in figuring that out?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes it's normal we always take more time shopping and as far as Mark shopping let me pick myself up off the floor from laughing and say he takes after his father if you can't buy it within the first 5 mins. you must not need it so if you like to take your time and shop leave him home.

Eric said...

LOL @ that pic!!!!!

Post a Comment