Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Adventures at the Salt Lake Temple

Let me just start out by saying this was the first time that I have been inside of the Salt Lake Temple. I have been on the temple grounds several times through out my life but never inside. 

Friday night, Mark proposed to me that we should go and do a temple session after he got off work on Saturday. I was like OK, yeah I guess we could (to be honest I was feeling more like staying in...I guess that is the time when I should be going to the temple the most). Now, since we live just south of SLC we are within minutes of several LDS temples. Sort of overwhelming in a way for the non Utah native/resident for a few years. 

Now for those who don't know about temple sessions or have never gone, they can be a bit lengthy which is what I told Mark so he was like, OK we will go to the Salt Lake Temple where it isn't as long.  Plus, it would give me an opportunity to see the temple up close at night and also see State Street again. This also meant that I had to take Mark to work since it was for obvious reasons. It would have been stupid for him to get off work (he works in downtown SLC), pick me up, and then turn right around and go back to downtown SLC. So just in case you were wondering, yes, I did survive and no it didn't kill me to drive alone down here. 

So we get downtown by the temple and were lucky enough that we didn't need to have validation for parking in the parking garage (how sweet was that?). So we get parked, under the Conference Center and because we forgot that the grounds/street on the outside of Temple Square was being worked on, we couldn't just go and cross the street, we had to go up to the corner and over. Which coming out from the temple allowed me to get this shot of it (with the annex in the middle...would have been sweet with out that there but it worked)
 This picture was taken from the Conference Center. I have to say it was definitely a different experience going through a live session, I would elaborate further but because of the sacredness of the Temple and the ceremony itself I shouldn't talk about it, at least in such an open space. Needless to say...yeah it was different. 

It made for a great experience over all and really helped Mark set up for his lesson on Sunday about the Fall of Adam and Eve. Yet that wasn't all of our adventures.

Monday around 5:30 pm the power decided to go out due to a fairly strong thunderstorm. Now I like thunderstorms as well as the next person, but only when I am not alone. The apartment we are in gets dark quick and where we had no candles and apparently no flashlights, yeah I was a little jumpy you could say because I am still not accustomed to all the sounds and people around the complex. The power was out til around 10 pm...the good thing is we have candles (and they smell yummy) so that when this happens again, I/we will have some light to see with. This whole adventure with the power going out made me realize that we were not prepared as well as we should be. So you can be sure that we will start getting supplies together like more candles and flashlights with extra batteries and some other items. 

OOOHHHH YEAH, I almost forgot to tell you, Friday Mark and I signed the lease papers for the new basement apartment we have been wanting! Not sure when the official move in date will be (the owners are finishing up some small items) but hopefully by the end of the month we will be out of the apartments that we are in which we both will be grateful for. We will still be in the same ward that we are currently in so that I guess is a plus. Although I am not the new kid in town anymore...a few other couples have moved in since I moved in here almost a month ago. Sigh...what new adventures will be in store for us this week?

1 comments:

Eric said...

Nice.....very nice.....

Post a Comment